Wednesday 5 May 2010

Foot You Believe It?

As those sharper eyed amongst may have noticed a lot of my current attention is upon my feet and the items that adorn them. A current trend that many of you may have noticed is the re-emergence of menswear classics. Brogues, Oxfords, Desert Boots, Derbys and Deckshoes, to name but a few, are again at the forefront of the fashion conscious.

While I constantly pine for more shoes, it is, at present, the classics I crave. I, more than most found myself at little surprised when the latest shoes from Cat landed on my desk. My initial thought was to dismiss it as those purveyors of steel toe capped worker boots my Dad wears whilst pottering about in the garden.

But I lazily let my eye skim through the press release and was pleasantly surprised by Cat’s foray into more fashion forward footwear.

The two styles that most caught my eye were the desert chukka boot, and the suede derby, both of which have a great blend of being classic style and fitting into the aforementioned trend whilst also being rugged enough to not be so far down the fashion road as to loose it’s appeal to the wider demographic. A fine balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment