Sunday 4 April 2010

Deckshoes. SOS?

I have long since been a fan of deck shoes, I like their preppy aesthetic and the ideal notion of romping across the seas aboard your yacht tying ropes and securing masts while your feet are secured and comfortable by the nautical classic.

As with many, the debate in me rages as to who makes the best out of the two big power houses, Sperry or Sebago?

I bought a pair of Sperry’s last year and must admit they have served me well, but as of yet I have no comparison. I also enjoy the more fashion forward or alternative spins on any classics, so when I recently heard Sebago were bringing out a limited edition range of their classic deck shoes but rendered in new, exciting colour ways and materials, this seemed to tick all the boxes for my next deck shoe purchase. My appetite was whet….

Finding inspiration from the collaboration with Colette (another Stevie Style favourite) the 1946 Collection has the perfect balance of classic deck shoe style with the pop of colour and difference I am searching for this summer.

Released on 1st May it is a very limited collection with only 8 pairs of each colour available in the very few stores that will hold the range. Featuring a limited palette of red, black, white and blue, (again classically nautical) they use the colours in interesting areas of the deck shoe that may not normally receive attention. The heel for example, or a use of patent to give extra glean to the upper all part of the impeccable detail, as is the ‘Dockside’ embossing on the sole of each of the three pairs.

Featuring all the classic features as well such as the square leather laces rendered in black and white, the shoes are a stand out piece I can’t wait to add to my ever increasing prepped summer wardrobe…. Now just need some half decent weather! Roll on May 1st and prolonged sunshine….

No comments:

Post a Comment