Monday 14 December 2009

New Week Initiative!

So this week I want to stretch your horizons once again. For a week I would like you to join me by steering away from the garment you wear pretty much day in, day out.

For me, it’s a shirt. As I have previously mentioned I enjoy dressing more on the formal side and a large portion of my formality comes from the shirt. I feel comfortable in shirts, the collar the full length sleeves the placket, ahhh!

Another thing I like about the shirt is the versatility all within one garment, collar stiffness, button down or loose, how high do you button it? Do you wear it alone, with a tie, bow tie? Oh so many options!

These are just a few of the reasons I LOVE shirts, also they help cover my arms which are terribly long and slim, often getting taunted for them, I prefer them covered, and also because of my broad shoulders, I find t-shirt sleeves ride up even higher as the shoulders can often be too narrow when it fits in the body, (oh the woes of off the peg clothing, how I long for the bank balance for made to measure or bespoke!). Because of this I love shirts! (I do have one beautiful bespoke shirt made by the wonderful Emma Willis.)

So to stretch myself this week I shall, shock horror, avoid shirts for the entire week!

What is it you rely on all too often? I challenge you this week to leave it dormant in your wardrobe, (not jeans as we’ve already done that!). Be it shoes, trainers, cardigans, scarves, blazers, whatever it be give it a week off!

I’ll keep you posted on my choices, thoughts and relsults and hope you do the same, either here, on my twitter or at Stevie.style09@googlemail.com, pictures more than welcome, I’d love to do a ‘reader’s results’ post so keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment